I am a people watcher, my husband says it is due to my former "real job" I am not sure he is 100% accurate, but my former career did teach me to be very alert at all times. Watching people can be fun, but it can also be depressing - especially when watching our youth. This world is so harsh - and without the right mindset, it could really mess you up.
As I am walking away from my people watching sessions - I often think "there is so much I wish I could just tell you"....I mean I could tell them, but most times they would think I was just crazy, nosy,
I have formulated - rethought - wrote - deleted - rewrote - edited - and still may delete this list of things I wish I could tell the young women of this world.
1. It does not matter if you have a date for winter formal, prom, homecoming, or any other dance! Go have fun, in 20 years that dance will not be important and your date or no date will be forgotten.
2. You are PRICELESS, so priceless that God sent his only son to die for you. Do not let anyone ever tell you different - ANYONE.
3. You are IMPORTANT, you may not be the smartest, prettiest, richest, best dancer, or even best walker, but you are so important that God knows every hair on your head.
4. Your body is beautiful, so beautiful that you should not share it unwisely. Boys will ask to see a little more (not men - because real would not treat a lady that way) - say no! Do not cheapen yourself to their standards - if they are asking for this, they will not be in for the long investment.
5. Girls - other girls and yourself are dramatic, hateful, mean, and spiteful - this will never change!
6. Your Mom is probably right - especially if she cares enough to advise you about sensitive subjects.
7. Leading a guy on is a bad idea - it gives you a reputation and a false sense of security.
8. You are pretty with your clothes on, you do not have to show a little more cleavage, leg, booty, or anything else to be pretty.
9. Sexting is degrading - I am not even sure they call it sexting anymore. Apparently it is casual to talk nasty to each other. Well, if that is casual conversation - do not do it. Have intellectual conversations that will increase your brain activity.
10. While you may feel on top of world while you are wrapped in his arms or hearing his "sweet words" that feeling will end.
11. You do not have to be connected to your friends 24/7 - you are missing out of a whole lot of life because of them. It is okay to hang out with your mom, grandma, the ladies from church, or even the elderly lady down the street.
12. Spend time with older people (over the age of 50) they may seem "not up to date" but they have so much wisdom you need to absorb.
13. Have a hobby - besides texting - learn to sew, cook, paint, draw, or even start a blog!
14. Read a book, a good book that will inspire you to do more. This world is so full of crap and nastiness - it is good to tone it out and read something simple.
15. Dreams are good - fantasies are bad. It is healthy to dream about having an amazing job, it is not healthy to fantasize about boys.
16. The whole world is not having sex - you will not be weird if you are a virgin on your wedding day. Your wedding night will mean so much more if you share your body only with your husband.
17. Snapchats do not always go away! There is no guarantee that every snap you send gets deleted.
18. Doing chores is preparing you for the future - had my parents never made me learn to cook, my kids would starve.
19. Pornography causes brain damage - the next time a boy ask for a naked picture ( real men do not ask for these things) - tell him that it is in his best interest not see you naked - it could give him brain damage.
20. Playing every sport and being at every event will not make you a more successful adult - it will exhaust your parents and distract your real focus in life.
21. Read your Bible, Pray Daily, and Go to Church....be involved with your youth group, serve on a mission, and do things outside of your comfort zone, but in God's plan.
Sunday, October 23, 2016
21 Things I Wish I Could Just Tell You...
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
60 Seconds or Less
Did you know that the crew at McDonalds is expected to have your order ready and through the pickup line in 60 seconds? Sixty seconds. One...
A small miracle happened in my world today - I discovered I could pin photos from Instagram to Pinterest, both on my computer and on my mo...
Hello Yummy food! We made the drive to Bloomsdale, Missouri to try Dew Drop Inn . We had heard good reviews, but never had time to ...
Post a Comment