We have a tent!
I have never been much at camping, mostly because it is a pain in the .... to set up the tent, and because I find nothing attractive about sleeping on the ground...I am just too old for that!
A few weeks back we received a tent, cots, and a sleeping bag from Bass Pro Shops!
I was excited for this - I want to give my kids the "rugged" experience - that is as long as it don't cost me sleep and sanity!
To my surprise and my pleasure, camping really can be fun and enjoyable!
- I have a room with a view ANYWHERE I go - oh and it didn't cost me out the .... for it!
- Tents do not have to take hours to set up. It took me like twenty minutes to set up out Bass Pro Shops -8 Person Speed Frame Tent with Screen Porch Tent - that is less time than it would take for me to back in a trailer.
- There is something special about waking up in nature - you know that sound of birds chirping, wind blowing, and oh that pleasant fresh smell.
- Room - our tent is roomy, but the outdoors is roomier - we have space to roam and are not confined to the safety of our locked hotel door.
- The tent goes anywhere - I don't have to make reservations, arrangement, find the best deal - if I am in the mood to travel, I can travel to my backyard and have my night out.
- I do not have to sleep on the ground! Bass Pro Shops has these easy set up cots that also store really well - yeah I am in love with them! In fact D-man thinks everyone that comes to visit should try them out!
- The kids think it is a BLAST - I officially became the coolest mom in the neighborhood, because we now go camping!
- Clean- Up is a breeze - there is no checking under beds, there is no making sure we check out at a certain time, oh and the tent comes down as easy as it goes up!
Now I am not completely giving up hotel rooms - don't get too excited!
However, from time to time you will find me camping in the woods, the state parks, national parks, conservation lands, my dad's farm, or anywhere else I decide to "put up my tent."
|Our Room with a View.|